French blogger and influencer Rebecca Burger has died after a whipped cream dispenser exploded while she was using it, news reports confirm. Rebecca, who founded the travel and fitness blog Rebecca B , was in her hometown of Mulhouse on Saturday when the culinary device burst and she was struck by its gas capsule, which "exploded and struck Rebecca's chest, causing her death," according to BBC. Although Rebecca was rushed to the hospital, the year-old died the next day. Rebecca amassed an impressive social media following, know to her fans as a fitness icon and passionate explorer, documenting her travels across Bali, from Phuket to Zurich.
What is Nitrous Oxide?
How does laughing gas affect you?
Many people may have noticed an increasing presence of little silver canisters littering the streets in the Netherlands. These are whipped-cream chargers, steel cylinders filled with nitrous oxide, used as a whipping agent in whipped cream dispensers. This is not their only current use, however. By dispensing the nitrous oxide into a balloon and then inhaling it, the canisters can be used to achieve a high. Nitrous oxide, commonly know as laughing gas, is a non-flammable, colourless gas compound of nitrogen and oxygen. Discovered in by Joseph Priestley and later named by Sir Humphry Davy, who demonstrated its physiological effect, it is often used for its anaesthetic properties in surgeries or dentistry. In addition to these many uses, nitrous oxide is also used recreationally by party-goers as it allows them to achieve a feeling of euphoria.
Easily available to teens, nitrous oxide endangers brain and heart, docs say.
Gold Coast supermarkets have banished whipped cream canisters after a Schoolie who allegedly used them to get high plunged to his death from a storey balcony. The canisters were pulled from Surfers Paradise supermarket shelves on Thursday after Hamish Bidgood, 18, fell from his hotel balcony after allegedly inhaling one, 7News reported. Often referred to as 'nangs', the canisters are designed for whipping cream or making SodaStream drinks, but teenagers are buying the cheap drug to get a second high. The canisters were pulled from Surfers Paradise supermarket shelves on Thursday after Hamish Bidgood, 18 pictured left , fell from his hotel balcony after allegedly inhaling one. Often referred to as 'Nangs', the canisters are designed for whipping cream or SodaStream, but teenagers are buying the cheap drug to get a second high. Empty canisters are strewn all over the beach near the Surfers Regent Apartments where Mr Bidgood died and shopkeepers have since taken them off the shelves. A spokesperson from IGA Surfers Paradise told Daily Mail Australia the store had being told by police to stop selling the canisters because they were being abused. He said he had noticed an unusual number of teenagers coming in-store to buy the canisters for what they said was to bake a cake. The spokesperson confirmed management had removed the canisters, but the decision had no impact on other products, such as prepackaged whipped cream.
The most recent figures show that Whip-Its have become the most popular recreational inhalant of choice, with over 12 million users in the U. Inhaling the compressed gas, either from the Whip-It chargers, a whipped cream canister, or a nitrous tank, is purported to result in a fleeting high, lasting anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. And while some states have passed laws attempting to stop the inhalation of nitrous, experts say the use of Whip-Its is mostly ignored by authorities and left unregulated. An ABC News investigation airing tonight on "Nightline" found that multiple online retailers allowed large purchases of the Whip-Its, with no questions asked about age or what they would be used for. A tobacco shop selling the canisters alongside cigars and rolling papers insisted they were cooking supplies, but then immediately removed all boxes from the shelves when confronted with ABC News cameras. But while a growing collection of user videos on YouTube portray doing Whip-Its, or "Noz" as it's sometimes called, as a harmless, laughter-inducing activity, it can be deadly. Illinois college student Benjamin Collen, 19, died from asphyxiation from nitrous oxide. He was found dead in a fraternity house surround by Whip-Its chargers in